If you aspire to pursue a graduate degree in Exercise Science, you have a wonderful opportunity – the Exercise Science Scholarships. Various scholarships are made available for US students to fulfill their aspirations of studying Exercise Science subjects.
Exercise Science Scholarships can be a great tool for talented students from low-income families to fulfill their aspirations of pursuing a career in Exercise Science. The purpose of awarding Exercise Science Scholarships is to encourage talented students to pursue higher education in the field of Exercise Science.
Table of Contents
Explore the 10 top Exercise Science Scholarships that we have carefully selected, and that will help you meet the expenses related to your Exercise Science study.
List Of Top 10 Exercise Science Scholarships 2023
1. Betty Kimberling Memorial Scholarship
The Betty Kimberling Memorial Scholarship at Colorado State University grants an annual $1,000 award to three Colorado 4-H students who are currently enrolled full-time in the Department of Health and Exercise Sciences.
To qualify for this scholarship, candidates must have finished their freshman year, maintained at least a B average, and demonstrated a commitment to public service. Additionally, B.S. Students in Health and Exercise Science have the opportunity to receive Attack Pack Scholarships.
2. Ronald Hyatt Scholarship
The University of North Carolina offers the Ronald Hyatt Scholarship, which is open to full-time students majoring in Exercise Science. The objective of this scholarship is to aid and empower students in pursuing higher education in the Exercise Science field.
The selected recipient will receive a grand prize of $2500 under the Ronald Hyatt Scholarship. To be eligible for this prestigious scholarship, applicants must visit the Exercise Science Scholarship website portal and follow the given guidelines to complete their application process.
3. Carl V. Gisolfi Memorial Fund
Carl V. Gisolfi Memorial Fund awards scholarships to exceptional doctoral students pursuing research in Exercise Science. To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be currently pursuing a full-time Ph.D. They must be enrolled as students from a recognized US University focused on completing their dissertation research.
This research should be related to physical activity, like thermoregulation, blood dynamics, physiotherapy rehabilitation, fluid balance, etc.
4. Clarkston Consulting Scholars Program
The Clarkston Consulting Scholars Program offers an annual scholarship of $5,000 for students who wish to pursue a degree in Exercise Science. Eligible candidates for this scholarship are college juniors and seniors majoring in life sciences, including the field of Exercise Science.
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must be US citizens attending a four-year recognized university in Pennsylvania. Additionally, they must demonstrate their qualifications through a personal interview held in Philadelphia. As part of the application process, candidates are required to submit a 500-word essay focusing on the healthcare industry in the state of Pennsylvania.
5. EAAT Hippotherapy Scholarship
The American Quarter Horse Association offers the EAAT Hippotherapy Scholarship, worth $10,000 annually. This scholarship is designed to assist dedicated full-time college students who excel in fields, such as Physical Therapy, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, Sport Studies, and Speech-language Pathology.
To be eligible, applicants must be enrolled in a recognized four-year college with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher. Candidates must demonstrate a strong commitment to a career in equine-assisted therapy. In addition, they have volunteer experience assisting individuals with disabilities.
6. Dr. Susan K. Bullard Endowed Scholarship
At Western Michigan University, Dr. Susan K. Bullard is offering scholarships for students majoring in Exercise Science. This scholarship is available to full-time junior, senior, and graduate students majoring in Exercise and Sports Medicine. Its main goal is to help students pursue higher education in Exercise Science by providing them with adequate financial support.
To apply for this Exercise Science Scholarship, candidates must visit the Exercise Science Scholarship website and follow the guidelines given for the application process.
7. Elsie Jobe & Jewell Nolen Memorial Scholarship
Tennessee Technological University’s College of Education provides seven scholarships in the field of Exercise Science, including the Elsie Jobe & Jewel Nolen Memorial Scholarships. These scholarships are available to current undergraduate students enrolled in the online MA program for Exercise Science, Physical Education, and Wellness.
To be considered for these scholarships, students must have completed at least 9 credits with a minimum GPA of 3.5. Additionally, applicants are required to submit a resume, transcripts, a statement outlining their goals, and a record of their public service activities.
8. Indiana Tech Exercise Science Scholarship
The Indiana Tech University Exercise Science Leadership Scholarship awards $15,000 annually to new students or transfer students who are enrolling in the standard Exercise Science B.S. program. Eligible candidates for this Exercise Science Scholarship must be U.S. citizens, possess a high school diploma or GED, maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0, and achieve a minimum SAT score of 1170 or an ACT score of 24.
9. Joan Sanders Memorial Scholarship
The Joan Sanders Memorial Scholarship, established by the Exercise Science Department at Fort Lewis College, provides an annual amount of $500 to emerging junior students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, with the option of coaching certification.
To qualify, eligible FLC Skyhawks must be enrolled full-time with a minimum of 12 credits and maintain a GPA of at least a B. In addition, they are required to participate in intramural sports and participate in departmental events such as the annual 10K race.
10. Linda Craig Memorial Scholarship
The Linda Craig Memorial Scholarship was established by NBA athletic trainers, David Craig and Dr. John Abrams, and funded by the Indiana Pacers Foundation, Inc. The scholarship aims to assist aspiring professionals in the field of Sports Medicine. Recipients are given an annual award of $2,000.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must be US citizens, have completed at least one quarter at a four-year recognized college, and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0. This scholarship is for those pursuing majors in Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Kinesiology, Exercise Science, and Physical Therapy.
Importance of Exercise Science Scholarships
Exercise Science Scholarships play a vital role in supporting students, advancing the field, and promoting diversity and inclusivity in the Exercise Science community. These scholarships are important for many reasons. Specialized scholarships are available for under represented groups, such as those Scholarships for Black Women. Some of them are given below:
- Financial Support: Scholarships provide financial assistance to students pursuing a degree in exercise science, helping to ease the burden of tuition and other educational expenses.
- Access to Education: Scholarships make education more accessible to students who may not otherwise have the means to pursue a degree in Exercise Science, thereby promoting inclusivity in the field.
- Talent Development: They encourage talented and dedicated individuals to pursue careers in Exercise Science, thereby fostering the development of future professionals in the field.
- Advancement of Research: By supporting students in Exercise Science, scholarships contribute to the advancement of research and innovation in areas related to health, fitness, and sports science.
- Addressing the Workforce Shortage: Scholarships can help address the shortage of qualified professionals in Exercise Science, especially in fields, such as Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy.
- Promoting Diversity: Scholarships can be used to encourage diversity and inclusion within the field, ensuring that people from all backgrounds have the opportunity to excel in exercise science.
5 Essential Tips for You to Win Exercise Science Scholarships
Winning Exercise Science Scholarships can be competitive. However, to improve your chances, here are five essential tips that can help you get scholarships:
- Maintain a Strong Academic Record: Scholarships often consider your GPA and academic achievements. So, stay focused on your studies and aim for a high GPA in relevant courses.
- Take Up Extracurricular Activities: Engage in activities related to Exercise Science, such as joining sports teams, volunteering at fitness centers, or conducting research. These experiences reflect your passion and dedication, which can be a plus point in receiving a scholarship.
- Write Excellent Essays: Most scholarship applications require essays. So, prepare a compelling essay that highlights your passion for Exercise Science, your career goals, and how the scholarship will help you achieve them.
- Secure Strong Letters of Recommendation: Ask your professors or advisors who know you well to write letters of recommendation. These letters should show your academic abilities and commitment to the field.
- Research and Apply Early: Research the available scholarships, their eligibility criteria, and deadlines. Additionally, you should apply for as many scholarships as you are eligible for, and apply early to avoid missing the deadline.
How Passionate Are Students about Studying Exercise Science in the United States?
The level of passion among students studying Exercise Science in the US can vary widely from individual to individual. Some students are incredibly passionate about the field, while others may be less enthusiastic. Here are some factors that contribute to varying degrees of obsession:
- Personal Interest: Students who have a strong personal interest in fitness, sports, health, and wellness are more likely to be interested in studying Exercise Science.
- Career Goals: People with clear career goals in fields, such as Physical Therapy, Athletic Training, or Sports Science are often very passionate about their studies in Exercise Science.
- Practical Experience: Passion can increase when students have the opportunity to apply their knowledge through internships, research projects, or working with athletes and clients.
- Athletic Background: Some students with a background in sports or athletics may have a strong passion for understanding the science behind human activity and performance.
It is important to note that while many students in the US are passionate about exercise science, others may pursue it as part of a broader interest in health and wellness. As students progress through their programs and gain more experience in the field, their level of passion may also develop.
1. Where can I find Exercise Science Scholarships?
You can find Exercise Science Scholarships through a variety of sources, including universities, colleges, private organizations, and professional associations. So, start by checking the financial aid office at your educational institution and searching online scholarship databases.
2. What are the eligibility criteria for Exercise Science Scholarship?
Eligibility criteria may vary for Exercise Science Scholarships, but common requirements include a minimum GPA, enrollment in an Exercise Science program, and a strong passion for the field. Some scholarships may also consider factors, such as extracurricular involvement or financial need.
3. Do I need to maintain specific grades to keep my Exercise Science Scholarship?
Many scholarships require recipients to maintain a certain GPA to maintain their funding. This GPA requirement is usually specified in the scholarship terms & conditions. Hence, it is important to review them carefully
4. Are there scholarships available specifically for graduate-level Exercise Science programs?
Yes, there are scholarships available for graduate-level Exercise Science programs. These scholarships may have different eligibility criteria and application processes than graduate scholarships. So, be sure to research and apply accordingly.
Exercise Science Scholarships play a vital role in supporting students pursuing careers in Exercise Science and related fields. These scholarships not only provide financial aid but also recognize and encourage academic excellence and dedication to the study of human movement and health.
By investing in the education of future exercise scientists, these scholarships contribute to advancing our understanding of fitness, well-being, and overall human health. As the field of Exercise Science continues to grow and develop, these scholarships serve as a vital resource for aspiring professionals.