Looking to create FSA ID for Parents Without Social Security Number then you are at right article. Are you worried about your child’s dream getting shattered? Just because you don’t have SSN, are you bothered that your child may not get the required financial aid? If that’s the case, then please stop worrying.
Table of Contents
The Department of Education (DOE) has made recent developments to the application process which allows you to have an FSA ID without having an SSN.
This opens the door of financial help to many unregistered deserving families but how can you make this happen? The process may first seem complex but that’s where we come in and make it easy for you. In this article, we are going to break the complex process into simple easy steps. And you can also Fill out FAFSA without Social security number.
So, as a parent, let’s see the steps that you should follow to get an FSA ID without a Social Security Number (SSN). Let’s start.
What is an FSA ID and why is it important?
What is an FSA ID?
An FSA ID is a secure login for the U.S. Department of Education’s website, studentaid.gov. It acts like your digital signature for you in order to:
- Access and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically
- View and manage your child’s federal student loan information.
- Update your contact information and preferences.
Why is it important for you?
- It is the fastest and easiest way to sign the FAFSA. Forget mailing paper forms!
- It offers you access to crucial federal financial aid. This can go a long way towards offsetting college expenses.
- It is your safe place for handling your child’s student loan info. Get informed and make informed choices.
How to get an FSA ID for Parents Without Social Security Number?
Here is the simple guideline on how to create an FSA ID even without having a Social Security Number (SSN). This will make your child’s application for college financial help a success.
What you need to do:
- Go to studentaid.gov and click on “Create Account”.
- Enter your basic information which include name, birthdate and email address.
- Check “I don’t have a Social Security Number” checkbox.
- Pick up the username and password of your choice.
- Fill in your mailing address and telephone number.
- Select preferred means of communication with their respective security questions set.
- Switch on Two-Step Verification to improve security further.
- Answer identity verification questions as they are based on your personal data and public records. Be careful, there is only one chance!
- You are done if you answer correctly. Otherwise, dial the Federal Student Aid Information Center (FSAIC).
- Call FSAIC at 1-800-433-3243 explaining why you are calling them.
- Carry out the process listed by FSAIC for submitting identity verification documents
- After confirmation, use the FAFSA form with your FSA ID.
Remember, to stay up-to-date and look out for new information issued by the Department of Education (DOE). As per the recent guidelines, you can start creating your FSA ID by 31st December 2023 for the academic year 2024-25.