The district’s School Safety and Security Department invites parents and other trusted adults to Take 25 and make time to talk about child safety.
The new Take 25 website was created by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Partners range from the Arizona Attorney General and the Mesa Police Department to the U.S. Secret Service, NCIS and the FBI.
Whether you are a parent, guardian, teacher, law-enforcement officer or other trusted adult, pledge to take 25 minutes to talk to children about safety. Use all the free resources offered by the campaign to get the conversation started. Please join the grassroots effort to make child safety a national priority. Visit Take 25 for a wealth of information and materials:
- Real-world risks, such as missing children, abductions, runaways and sexual exploitation
- Online risks, such as sexual solicitation and exposure to inappropriate content
- Discussion guides to help children of all ages make safe decisions
- Safety and social media tips
- Ways to Take 25
- Activity sheets
- Child ID kit
- Emergency contact form
- Cyber tip line incident report
- 24-hour telephone hot line
- Electronic newsletter subscription
- Resolution, public-service announcements, pledge, poster, brochure, Web banners, cover photos and advertisements for the media, employers, and community agencies and organizations