Standing Ambassadors include:
• Maria Barker, Preschool Teacher at Red Mountain Center for Early Education of Mesa Public Schools, Mesa;
• Lee Ann Howell, 7th Grade Science Teacher at Colonel Smith Middle School of Fort Huachuca Accommodation School District, Fort Huachuca;
• Sheri Loyd, 3rd Grade ELA and Math Teacher at Mountain View School of Dysart Unified School District, Waddell;
• Kareem Neal, Self-Contained Special Education Teacher at Maryvale High School of Phoenix Union High School District, Phoenix;
• Jonathan Perrone, 8th Grade STEAM Teacher at Mountain Sky Middle School of Washington Elementary School District, Phoenix.
The luncheon is hosted by AEF. Dr. John Mulcahy, 2001 Arizona Teacher of the Year, will emcee the event.
During the luncheon, the 2019 AEF Arizona Teacher of the Year will be announced and the four Ambassadors for Excellence (runners-up) and five semifinalists will be honored before more than 500 attendees including Arizona educators, elected officials and business leaders.
Where: The Arizona Biltmore, Arizona Biltmore Ballroom, 2400 E. Missouri Avenue, Scottsdale, Ariz. 85016
When: Thursday, October 25, 2018. Registration begins at 11 a.m. and the luncheon begins promptly at 11:30 a.m.
For more details regarding the Teacher of the Year program and the eligibility requirements, please visit the AEF website at: http://bit.ly/1Wgrtx2.
Follow AEF’s coverage of the event on Twitter and Facebook by searching #AZTeacheroftheYear or following the accounts:
Members of the press are encouraged to attend. Please RSVP to Maggie Zehring at email@example.com, (623) 340-5091 for more details about press accommodations and interview details.