Apply now for the 2017 Flinn Scholarship!
The Flinn Scholars Program needs your help with a very important task: Recruiting high-school seniors from throughout Arizona to apply for the Flinn Scholarship.
The students we are looking for stand out for their intellectual and emotional depth, not merely test-taking mastery. They assume leadership roles at school and in the community because they believe their commitment and effort will make a difference. The nation’s most prestigious colleges and universities are courting these students right now. But they also have an amazing opportunity right here in Arizona.
Flinn Scholars receive funding for the full cost of tuition and mandatory fees, room, and board. Additionally, they join fellow Flinn Scholars on a fully-funded international seminar after their freshman year. They get further funding for study abroad experiences and an internship, plus personalized mentoring from brilliant faculty, community leaders, Flinn Foundation staff, and Flinn Scholar alumni. The benefits go on.
To be awarded the Flinn Scholarship, an applicant must:
· Be a U.S. citizen by the time of entry to the university;
· Be an Arizona resident for two years by the time of entry to the university.
In general, Flinn Scholarship applicants should:
· Participate and demonstrate leadership in a variety of extracurricular activities;
· Rank in the top 5 percent of their graduating class (if their school reports class rank);
· Attain at least a 3.5 grade-point average (unweighted);
· Score a minimum 29 on the ACT (composite score), 1300 on the old SAT I (CR+M), or 1360 on the new SAT I (ERW+M).
Occasionally, applicants who fall short of one or more of the academic standards will advance in the selection process and be chosen as Flinn Scholars.
The submission deadline for the online application is Sunday, October 23, 2016.