We are looking for dedicated, high-quality volunteers seeking meaningful opportunities to make a difference.
Volunteer tutors are needed in all subject areas in kindergarten through grade 6.
100% of our volunteers would recommend the VIP program to friends and family seeking volunteer opportunities.
100% of our teachers reported the academic achievement of their students increased due to the additional academic intervention provided by our volunteers.
Our volunteers will
- Work one-on-one or with small groups of children with the goal of increasing their achievement
- Serve as caring adult role models
- Receive professional training to prepare for working in a classroom
- Develop a supportive working relationship with teachers
- Become part of a school community
- Meet new friends through continuing education seminars and socials
- Volunteer at least one day per week for a predetermined schedule
- Work from one to ten hours per week during school hours
- Commit to the entire academic school year ending in May
- Complete a fingerprint background check upon making a commitment
- Attend the two-hour volunteer orientation and two half-days of professional training
Would you like to learn more? Attend the orientation to find out whether this is the right volunteer opportunity for you. Orientations are held at the Paradise Valley Community Education Building on 32nd Street just south of Greenway Road, at 15032 N. 32nd Street, Phoenix 85032.
Orientations in preparation for the 2016-17 school year will begin in June and are held once per month, with the exception of December. If one of these dates is not convenient for you, please check back.
Thursday, June 2nd, from 2:00 to 4:00 pm
Tuesday, July 12th, from 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
Register for the volunteer orientation online. (You may also print, complete and mail the PDF document found on the Forms page.)
Thank you for your interest. If you have questions or require additional information contact Laurie Smith, VIP Coordinator, via email at VolunteerInParadise@gmail.com.