Mesa honored six January Students of the Month from a variety of grade levels and regions. The school board, superintendency, principals, teachers, family members and friends gathered to recognize the winners and celebrate their success.
The Mesa Public Schools Student of the Month program complements the district’s efforts to foster, expect and celebrate success.
Each month, schools take turns selecting elementary, junior high and high school students who achieve at the highest levels in leadership, academics, the arts, athletics and other activities.
Students of the Month win plaques and other prizes
- Paige Arnett, sixth-grader, Hermosa Vista Elementary
- Emily Hawbaker, senior, Dobson High
- Jocelyne Beltran Leyva, kindergartner, Guerrero Elementary
- Haylee Mueller, sixth-grader, Keller Elementary
- Erica Shaul, junior, School Home Adjustment Reinforcement Program
- Dallen Taylor, sixth-grader, Salk Elementary
Families, friends, principals and teachers join district officials in the Board Room to honor Students of the Month with videos, tributes, plaques and photos from Mesa Public Schools and gift cards from the Mesa Foundation for Educational Excellence — topped off by handshakes and hugs.
High expectations result in high student achievement
Student of the Month portraits hang on walls of honor in the Board Room and in the lobby of the Administrative Services Center. They remind everyone who stops by that Students of the Month are shining examples of how high expectations are paying off for the children of Mesa Public Schools.