MCCCD and Department of Economic Security Host Free Assistance Information Sessions
TEMPE, Ariz., Aug. 19, 2021 – The Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) and the Department of Economic Security are partnering to host free assistance information sessions at three Maricopa Community College campus locations.
What: Participants can expect to check eligibility or get assistance applying for:
· Nutrition Assistance: SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, provides monthly benefits to individuals and families to purchase nutritious food.
· Medical Assistance: Medicaid is the state medical assistance program for those who can not afford medical insurance.
· Cash Assistance: The Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) program provides cash benefits and support services to families that need a financial boost.
Who: These events are open to students, employees, and the public. More information on each event can be found with the following contacts:
· Glendale Community College – Connie Greenwell, 623-845-4474, email@example.com
· Mesa Community College – Melissa Turnbull, 480-461-7212, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Phoenix College – Alicia Middleton, 602-285-7422, email@example.com
When: Events will be held Monday, August 23 – Friday, August 27, 2021. Dates vary by location and are included below.
Where: Events will be held at Glendale Community College, Mesa Community College, and Phoenix College.
Monday, August 23 – Friday, August 27, 2021:
Glendale Community College
6000 W. Olive Ave., Glendale, AZ 85302
Location: The Student Union
Mesa Community College
1833 W. Southern Ave., Mesa, AZ 85202
Location: The corridor outside of building 36N (near the Student Union and bookstore)
Monday, August 23 – Thursday, August 26:
1202 W. Thomas Rd., Phoenix, AZ 85013
Location: Thu Hunnely Center- HC117