Position: Digital News Intern, Arizona Education News Service (www.azednews.com)
Length of Internship: To be determined
Rate of pay: $10/hour
Hours per week: 10-15
The Arizona Education News Service (www.azednews.com), an online source for statewide education news operated by the Arizona School Boards Association, a private, non-profit organization, is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in journalism or mass communications as a digital news intern.
The digital news intern will work approximately 10-15 hours per week, reporting to the director of Arizona Education News Service and under the direct supervision of its lead reporter.
Upon successful completion of the spring internship, an invitation to extend the internship through another semester may be offered.
The intern will be responsible for:
- Compiling and updating the AZEdNews.com website with state and national education news headlines and timely, essential data and reports.
- Choosing and editing photos, infographics and videos to accompany stories reported by the AZEdNews staff for the website, in the e-weekly publication and on social media.
- Assisting with search engine optimization.
- Selecting, rewriting and doing additional reporting on Stories by You submission to prepare them for final publication.
- Other duties as assigned.
The intern will have the opportunity:
Report stores on the educational progress of students in the state, innovative teaching and leadership practices that produce results, and legislative, legal and policy issues and action related to K-12 education in Arizona.
Please submit resume and one original article to firstname.lastname@example.org.