With nearly one-in-five Maricopa County youth age 16-24 not working or in school, the national 100,000 Opportunities Initiative is committed to investing in our region. As a first step, this employer led coalition is partnering with the City of Phoenix, Maricopa County, Maricopa County Community Colleges, the Opportunities for Youth Board, and Arizona State University to host the second Opportunity Fair & Forum on October 30th, 9am-4pm, at the Phoenix Convention Center.
In addition to interviews, it will be an inspirational day of connection and empowerment, with more than 20 leading companies, and a full suite of services, workshops, and motivation to help break down barriers for youth.
How you can help:
- Advertise the registration site www.100kOpportunities.org/phoenix
- Display and distribute flyers about the event (see attached)
- Recruit youth to sign up and attend the event
- Prepare youth by providing on-on-one assistance as they complete the registration process
- Encourage youth to take advantage of pre-work sessions being offered by your organization or throughout the valley
- Sign-up to Volunteer at the event.
- How will the interview scheduling and application process work?
Beginning today, all attendees must register online. Through this site they will be able to:
- Learn more about the event,
- Explore companies, specific job descriptions, application and hiring requirements,
- Register for the event; and
- Schedule interviews with up to 2 companies.
- Who can come?
All opportunity youth, ages 16-24 are welcome, even if you don’t think they are ready for an interview or a job, help them get registered – at the Opportunity Fair they can work on their resume, practice their interview skills and get connected to resources! There will empowering and inspiring speakers and experiences.
- If youth don’t pre-schedule interviews, will they will be able to interview?
All companies will have a booth on site and will be scheduling “walk-in” interviews with youth.
- Would you like to publicize any of your workshops or other access points on our website?
Please email specific opportunities to info@100kOpportunities.org, provide complete details and a link to your website advertising any opportunities.