Six schools in the Tolleson Union High School District will be celebrating the Class of 2020 at their respective school sites, with the exception of University High School, which will do theirs at the Tolleson Union High School District Office.
Initially, graduations were to take place at State Farm Stadium but with the overriding concern for the health and safety of our students, their families and our staff members being the top priority, the District made the decision to move graduation events to the school campuses instead.
The drive through graduation events will all take place on Monday, June 29th at varying times throughout the day.
The schools celebrating graduations are Copper Canyon, La Joya Community, Sierra Linda, Tolleson Union, University High and Westview High School.
West Point High School, the newest high school in the Tolleson Union High School District, opened this year with freshman and sophomores only and does not have a graduating class this year.
The schedule for the graduation events are:
- Sierra Linda – 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Sierra Linda campus
- Westview – 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Westview campus
- Copper Canyon – 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the Copper Canyon campus
- La Joya Community High School – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at the La Joya campus
- Tolleson Union High School – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at TUHS campus
- University High School – 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the TUHSD District Office
All graduation celebrations will be following social distancing protocols to ensure the safety of everyone in attendance.
All school and District staff members will be wearing face masks and are encouraging all guests and graduates to do the same.