The Making IT Happen Award honors outstanding educators and leaders who demonstrate extraordinary commitment, leadership, courage and persistence in improving digital learning opportunities for students.
Here are a few of Mr. Billings major accomplishments:
- Appointed to the newly created Arizona Computer Science Task Force through the Governor’s office.
- Member of the Arizona Department of Education (ADE) Data Governance Board
- Special Technology Adviser to former Superintendent of Public Instruction Tom Horne 2003 – 2007. Advised on data warehouse and the IDEAL system.
- PVSchools was an early adopter of Google Apps and Chromebooks.
- Implemented telepresence program in PVSchools.
- Spearheaded a Digital Citizenship survey for all students in Arizona.