The 2016 Arizona Educational Foundation Arizona Teacher of the Year, Christine Marsh, the Valley Interfaith Project, and education supporters from across the state will host a rally Thursday, May 19, 2016 in support of public education following the results of the Prop. 123 election.
“Whether Prop. 123 passes or fails, we have to come together and focus on what’s next for public education in Arizona,” said AEF Arizona Teacher of the Year, Christine Marsh. “Join me in rallying in support of our schools’ future.”
- Past Scottsdale Education Association President and Math Teacher at Arcadia High School, Rony Assali
- Parent Representative, Jen Darland
- Scottsdale Student Leader, Sasha Yurowkin
- Glendale Elementary School District Board President, Mary Ann Wilson
- President of the Valley Interfaith Project and Deacon with the Episcopal Diocese of Arizona, Martha Seaman
- 2015 AEF Arizona Teacher of the Year, JD Bowman
- 2016 AEF Arizona Teacher of the Year, Christine Marsh
- Arizona Association of School Business Officials (AASBO) Director of Governmental Relations, Chuck Essigs
- Arizona Education Association (AEA) President, Andrew Morrill
- Arizona School Boards Association (AZSBA) Executive Director, Dr. Timothy Ogle
- Arizona Business & Education Coalition (ABEC) President and CEO, Dick Foreman
When: Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
Where: Arizona State Capitol Lawn
Find support for this initiative on Twitter and Facebook with the hashtag #NowItStarts.