Choose from more than 20 Parent University classes this semester. They are designed for moms, dads, guardians, educators and anyone else who cares about kids — from toddlers to teens. Everyone throughout the Valley is invited. Preregistration is required.
Parents, caregivers and child advocates will find Mesa Public Schools Parent University the perfect place to fine-tune skills and knowledge about life’s most important and demanding pursuit. Focus on the vital part you play in a child’s life.
Learn about child development, behavior, communication, family relationships and academic achievement in workshops led by top national consultants and prominent Valley educators.
Classes are free, fun and informative. So enjoy the many opportunities to hone your parenting skills and to learn more about child development, behavior and academic achievement. Workshops include:
- Ten Steps to Positive Discipline
- Parenting Partners: Raising a Successful Teen
- From Misbehavior to Cooperation and Connection
- Parenting With Love and Logic
- Master Your Emotions
- Survival Kit for Parents of Teens
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen
- Communicating With Your Child Using Sign Language
- Think Asperger’s: An Overview of Symptoms and Current Interventions for Parents and Professionals
- Can I Please Read Five More Minutes?
- If Only My Child Could Have Better Focus and Learn to Study
- Once Upon a Time . . . Family Story Times
- Understanding the 504 Plan
- Ooey Gooey
- Siblings Without Rivalry
Parent University is coordinated by Nell Jean. The district’s parent engagement specialist is a master teacher with 40 years devoted to education — more than 30 here in Mesa Public Schools.