Madison Elementary School District will be hosting Kindergarten Roundup Thursday, Feb. 2 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at all Madison elementary schools.
Families will have the opportunity to tour the school, speak with administrators and receive information on enrollment for the 2017 – 2018 school year.
Madison Elementary Schools include Madison Camelview, Madison Simis, Madison Rose Lane, Madison Heights and Madison Traditional Academy.
Please visit our enrollment page for locations of schools and for more information about Kindergarten enrollment and Open Enrollment (for students living outside the selected school or district boundaries) at Madison.
Tips for Choosing the Right Kindergarten for Your Child
1. Take a Tour: Do you connect with the facility and team?
2. Assess Teaching: Look at what they teach and how they teach.
3. Parental Involvement: Choose schools that welcome parental involvement and have strong PTA’s.
4. Principal Philosophy: Talk to each principal to determine focus.
5. Community Commitment – Do the neighbors support and welcome the school and will they show support as Bond initiatives come up that can impact your child’s future.
6. Test Scores: Take with a grain of salt, newer tests provide unreliable feedback – better perspective is found asking current parents if instruction prepared their child to transition to the next academic step.
7. Signature Programs: What is the school most proud of, what program will help keep your child excited about going to school each day.
For more information, please contact Heather Austin, public relations for Madison Elementary School District, at (602) 738-9252 or Heather@DavidsonBelluso.com.
About Madison Elementary School District
For more than 125 years, Madison Elementary School District (Madison Schools) has been one of the top elementary school districts in the state with its eight schools consistently earning high honors.
Founded in 1890, Madison Schools serves approximately 5,800 students in the heart of Phoenix from 32nd Street to 7th Avenue and between Indian School and Northern.
Five of its schools are in the top 10 Phoenix public elementary schools through AzMerit scores and nearly 50 percent of its students come from outside the District. This means nearly 2,800 families choose a Madison Schools education over their neighborhood school.
The district has been recognized locally and nationally for its outstanding “signature” educational programs including the International Baccalaureate program, Spanish Immersion, REACH program, Visual and Performing Arts, Traditional curriculum, and Spanish Fluency.
For additional information about Madison Schools, please visit http://www.madisonaz.org/