COYOTE HILLS ELEMENTARY STUDENT WINS ANNUAL DISTRICT SPELLING BEE
GLENDALE, Ariz. – The Peoria Unified School District held their annual District Spelling Bee on Friday, Jan. 27 where top spellers from across the district competed in front of their peers. The winner of this year’s Annual District Spelling Bee is, for the second year in a row, Ethan Greenwood from Coyote Hills Elementary. Greenwood won with the word “gaffe.”
The seven runners-up include:
- Christa Eboh, Copperwood Elementary
- Penny Davis, Zuni Hills Elementary
- Abigail Hunter, Canyon Elementary
- Scott Sinex , Lake Pleasant Elementary
- Esperanza Windley, Cheyenne Elementary
- Seraya Verwer, Parkridge Elementary
- Matthew Ramirez-Garcia, Oasis Elementary
These eight exceptional students will compete in the Maricopa County Region IV Spelling Bee hosted in February. The winners of the Regional Bee will move on to the state-level Arizona Spelling Bee in March followed by the Scripps National Spelling Bee held in Washington, D.C. in the summer of 2023.
Those who were unable to attend the annual District Spelling Bee may watch the recorded event on the district’s YouTube channel at https://www.peoriaunified.org/spellingbee.