Cave Creek Unified School District announces Cindy Minor as their 2022 Teacher of the Year
On March 30th, the Cave Creek Unified School District celebrated their 2022 Teacher of the Year event. Held at the Holland Center, all seven teachers nominated were there with their families and Principals. Also in attendance were School Board President Beth Hatcher, Members Scott Brown and Janet Busbee, as well as the CCUSD Cabinet, to celebrate these outstanding teachers.
Entertainment was provided by the Cactus Shadows Saxophone Quartet and members of the Cactus Shadows Vivace Choir performed the National Anthem. The teachers were honored with a dinner and were given commemorative awards as well as a cash prize generously donated by the Cave Creek Unified Education Foundation (CCUEF). Additional sponsors for this event were 1GPA, Sunland Asphalt, GCON, and SPS+ Architects.
The teachers nominated were:
- Tracy Clay, Cactus Shadows High School
- Jessica Cresswell, Horseshoe Trails Elementary School
- Desiree D’Ambrosi, Sonoran Trails Middle School
- Danielle Michalizysen, Desert Sun Academy
- Cindy Minor, Desert Willow Elementary
- Colleen Neiman, Lone Mountain Elementary
- Susan Spigarelli, Black Mountain Elementary
Congratulations to Cindy Minor, CCUSD’s Teacher of the Year! Cindy will go on to compete in Arizona Education Foundation Teacher of the Year.