Dr. Debbi Burdick said, “Jocelyn Raught is the perfect individual for this prestigious position. Not only is she experienced and knowledgeable about language acquisition but she has the integrity, skill and professionalism to lead the SWCOLT organization. CCUSD is beyond proud of her!”
In their media release, SWCOLT stated, “Jocelyn Danielson Raught has been named the new executive director of SWCOLT (Southwest Conference on Language Teaching), effective August 1, 2020. She is a National Board Certified Teacher and teaches various levels of Spanish including Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate. She has served the SWCOLT Board of Directors for many years in the capacity of president, past president, program chair and as the Arizona state representative. We look forward to Jocelyn’s leadership, and we value her many years of dedication to world language education.”
World language and immersion classes are taught K-12 in the Cave Creek Unified School District.
· Desert Sun Academy offers its students French Immersion and Spanish instruction;
· Desert Willow Elementary School offers its students Spanish Immersion as well as Spanish instruction;
· Horseshoe Trails Elementary School offers its students Chinese Immersion as well as Chinese Instruction;
· Black Mountain Elementary School offers its students Spanish instruction;
· Lone Mountain Elementary School offers its students Chinese instruction;
· Sonoran Trails Middle School offers Chinese, French or Spanish as a core class; and
· Cactus Shadows High School offers various levels of Chinese, French or Spanish, including Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate.
For more information regarding the World Language Programs offered at CCUSD, please contact Ms. Cristina Ladas, Director of World Languages at firstname.lastname@example.org