The Arizona Educational Foundation seeks a director of programs and partnerships.
Approximately 50 percent of this full-time position is telecommuting – working from home. It also includes a flexible work schedule, health insurance, retirement, as well as cell phone and mileage reimbursement. For more details click here: https://www.azedfoundation.org/careers.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Arizona Educational Foundation, the Director of Programs and Partnerships will be responsible for the operational success of AEF’s seven programs including Arizona Teacher of the Year, A+ Schools of Excellence, teachSTEM, the Arizona Spelling Bee, Principals Leadership Academy, Take Your Legislator to School, and the Polly Rosenbaum Writing Contest.
The Director of Programs and Partnerships will also serve as a key team member in providing logistical and administrative support as needed for all other AEF activities.
- Independently administer the and from start to finish, managing all operations including designing program goals and outcomes; effectively communicating with participants and partners; developing and maintaining program budgets; securing venues and communicating with vendors and event staff; contributing to marketing and publicity materials including press releases, programs, and social media; evaluating program effectiveness; managing event-day logistics including load-in, set-up, breakdown; and maintaining and updating databases.
- Serve as a key team member in providing logistical support for other AEF programs including and the Duties may include, but are not limited to, helping to secure venues and vendors; assisting with event-day logistics including load-in, set-up, breakdown; communication with participants and partners; contributing to marketing and social media communications; and other duties as assigned.
- Research and vet new program ideas for alignment with AEF’s mission, staff capacity, and funding potential.
- Work with the Executive Director to design and administer any new programs following Board approval.
- Seek out new partnerships that could advance the work of AEF in meaningful and appropriate ways.
- Work with the Executive Director to contribute content, data, research, and support materials as needed for program-related grant and funding proposals.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with proven project management skills to grow and further develop established programs for an organization that strives to celebrate the incredible work happening in Arizona schools. Embedded within this position is the possibility of expanding the work of AEF through the addition of new programs and partnerships.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Lead programs with vision, creativity, quality, and thoroughness.
- Work in close partnership with the Executive Director in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including teachers, principals, parents, students, and community partners.
- Be a self-starter and work independently without the need for constant supervision.
- Work effectively to ensure that all tasks are completed accurately and on time.
- Thrive in a flexible work environment.
- Be punctual.
- Demonstrate exceptional writing skills and the ability to speak effectively in public settings on behalf of AEF.
- Have working knowledge of Excel.
- Own their own car and travel on a regular basis throughout Maricopa County with occasional travel to other parts of the state.
- Lift up to 15 lbs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience developing education and/or community outreach programs.
- A background working in education, preferably in a non-profit organization, is a plus. Experience may include program management in community outreach, arts education, school-based education programs, or any combination of the above.
- Proficient in using technology including email, Google Drive, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or Keynote).
- Experience with mail merges and database management (such as Constant Contact).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to supporting the mission of AEF.
Salary range is $40,000-$45,000 based on skills and experience. Other benefits as outlined in the Employee Handbook include paid vacation, 401(3)b plan with employer match, health insurance with 50% match, mileage reimbursement in specific instances, and a flexible work environment with telecommuting options.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact Kim Graham at email@example.com or 480-421-9376.